Thursday 15 August 2013

Euro Disneyland Retro designs


As far as I can tell these are the first guides made for the Euro Disney theme park known as Disneyland Paris now. My Grandad had kept them from when we visited as it had just opened in 1992 (I was 3 or 4 years old so I don't remember) They are printed as being made in 1991.   


I love how almost all the pictures are painted as they probably didn't have any photographs while it was being made. The park might not have been finished at that point.





There are a couple of pages explaining the main characters Walt Disney created.










Apparently you had to pay for this guide which is strange as they are usually free now.





Here I have the guides from when I visited in 2008 as it was their 15th anniversary which I have put alongside the old ones to compare. If you would like to see my photos from that trip you can view my post here.







I love the borders at the bottom of each page to further illustrate the themes. 






The new guides are much more compact and other than the map there is not as much detail in the text information. 


The back looks to be used as advertising space. 


Studios guide. 



No comments:

Post a Comment